To help me stick to my goals for 2012, I created a simple spreadsheet so I can keep track of my financial, health and fitness goals. I added columns for each type of workout I hope to get in, how many glasses of water I drink, remembering to take a vitamin, how many no spend days I have and how many days I have where I don’t spend money on eating out. Out of a possible perfect score of 85, I got a 65….not horrible, but I know I can do better.
Here’s a recap of my 2012 goals and how I did this week:
1. Try to have at least 3 “no spend days” each week. - Check! I had a total of 4 no spend days this week!
2. Get my emergency fund up to $10,000. – In progress... I paid back the $550 I “borrowed” for my furnace repair plus added $133 (10% of my net pay for the pay period).
3. Pay my parents back once goal 2 is complete. – N/A No progress on this goal this week since I haven't accomplished goal 2 yet..
4. Establish a short term emergency fund once goals 2 & 3 are complete. –N/A No progress on this goal this week.
5. Start saving for something else (car or new kitchen) once 2, 3 & 4 are complete. – N/A No progress on this goal this week either.
6. Continue working out on a regular basis. - Check! I did some sort of physical activity every day of the week. I did a total of 300 pushups for the week, went for one outdoor run, and completed a leg work out, an arm work out and an ab work out.
7. Eat healthier:
a. Eat more meals at home. - Check! I think I did pretty well on this front. Last Sunday I made a huge batch of chili in my crock pot, so I had a lot of that and froze the leftovers. I also made scrambled egg sandwiches and home fries for breakfast/lunch during the week.
b. Drink more water and less soda. – Check! I’m proud to report I didn’t drink any soda at all this week. I had a glass of milk each day with breakfast and drank nothing but water the rest of the week.
c. Bringing a lunch to work. – Check! I only worked 4 days this week and brought a lunch every day.
8. Find a storage solution for my dining room. – In progress...I’ve been searching, still haven’t found anything in my price range yet.
Sunday: $14.34 Acapulco’s (dinner with friends)
Monday: No spend day
Tuesday: No spend day
Wednesday: No spend day
Thursday: No spend day
Friday: $49.18 Gas
$9.20 Chipotle (lunch while @ training)
Saturday: $25.00 The Chateau (dinner with friends)
All in all I didn't do too badly. Like I mentioned in my original goal post, my weak spot is spending money on restaurant food. Three meals out may seem like a lot but I was doing it so much more often prior to this week.