1. I went to dinner on Sunday night with a few friends at On the Border. I had an email coupon for a free bowl of queso. I also had a $10 gift certificate, so I used that. My total out of pocket cost for the meal was $4.00 and I had enough left over to take to dinner to work the next night
2. On Monday morning I made a huge batch of home fries to help me save time during the week on breakfast. I made enough to last all week, so I just had to reheat them each morning and make a quick scrambled egg sandwich.
3. Received two rebate checks for $1.75 & $1.00.
4. Sold an old text book on half.com for $119!
5. Received a Bzzkit in the mail with two coupons for free frozen pizzas.
7. Deposited $131 into my emergency fund.
8. Received and accepted an invitation into a Bzzcampaign for a Phillips epilator. I’m actually very excited to try this out and I’ll definitely post my review as soon as I receive it.
9. Carpooled 4 out of the 5 days I worked this week.
10. My dad’s birthday was yesterday, and he asked if I would help my mom out and take care of buying a cake for him. I decided to make one instead using this recipe I found on (where else?) pinterest. I picked up a few of the missing ingredients (buttermilk, margarine, unsweetened chocolate & coffee) plus a dozen eggs on Saturday night for a grand total of $10.41. It came out great. My mom, who normally doesn’t like chocolate cake, liked it and said she’d have it again.
11. I did horrible this week on bringing dinner to work. I didn’t do my grocery shopping until Thursday (I normally go on Sundays) so I didn’t have much to bring. I tried to choose inexpensive places to eat and drank only water from the cooler at work so I didn’t have to buy soda.
12. My dad and I picked up my buffet on Friday morning. As I mentioned in a previous post, having it shipped to the store and picking it up saved me a $75 delivery fee. It is all set up and looks awesome!
13. I stayed in on Saturday night instead of going out to a bar to see a cover band with my friends. I was pretty tired and was looking forward to relaxing at home so that’s exactly what I did.
14. I listed about 8 items on ebay this week. I have a few more things to list in the next few days.
15. Submitted the reading on my water meter so I get an actual bill instead of an estimated one.
Sunday: $4.00 On The Border
Monday: $57.87 Gas
Tuesday: $7.00 Center Pizza
Wednesday: No spend day
Thursday: $5.00 Moe’s
Friday: $1.71 Chipotle
Saturday: $3.49 Michaels