Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hamburger Soup Recipe

I found this recipe on Pinterest a while ago. I finally made it a couple weeks ago, and it was delicious!

I tweaked mine a bit so I could use things I had on hand. Here's my recipe...



Hamburger Soup

1 Tbls Olive Oil
1/2 a med sized onion, chopped
2 Tbls minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
1 can condensed tomato soup, plus 1 can water
32 oz. box of beef broth
1/2 bag of mixed frozen veggies (corn, carrots, peas, green beans & lima beans)
1 cup cooked orzo

Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic until the onions are just soft. Add ground beef, season with salt and cook until meat is longer pink. At this point, I drained all of the fat out of the pan and then dumped the contents into my crock pot along with the remaining ingredients.

I cooked the orzo separately and added it to the crock pot shortly before I served the soup.



No comments:

Post a Comment